Friday, May 4, 2018

Weekend Links 5.4

 photo ACS_0044_zpsd6mrqhac.jpg

Say it with me now, "I can't believe it's May already!" You and me both, bub. Spring (and a little bit of summer) finally joined us this week, and I'm so happy about it! It was a whopping 80 degrees on Wednesday, which felt great and totally foreign after months of cold and wind. We moved here right at the start of cold weather, so it really felt like spring and summer would never, ever get here. I'm so excited to start hiking again and do more than just walk along the beach (even though I've already seen some people swimming – insanity).

Tonight we're going out for my mom's birthday. It's been so long since I've been around on this day, I'm so glad we can be here to celebrate with her. The weather is supposed to hold for Saturday, so I'm hoping Chris and I can get out and do some work on our patio (we have a patio!) or get out for some coastal hiking, and then Sunday calls for rain so it'll be a stay-in-and-work-on-freelance/ list more stuff on Poshmark kind of day for me. What do you have planned? Hope it's good whatever it is!

I wish these vintage shoes were my size! Giving me all the '90s feels in the BEST way.

This vintage brass hanging planter would look so pretty filled with air plants (it would even make a nice bird feeder – I've got patios on the mind)

How gorgeous does Jess look on the Anthro blog? Such a good interview

On my wishlist for May: Some cute as hell earrings (those lemons!), a super fun beach-to-city bag, and some classic goes-with-everything sneakers.

... and some under $30 strawberry earrings... because strawberry earrings

How to wear ballet flats (relevant because I suddenly want a pair of red leather ballet flats – who am I?)

My friend wrote a book! And it's on sale on Amazon right now! So so proud of this lady

Speaking of moms – 43 mother's day DIYs that don't suck (helpful!)

This would also make the perfect mother's day gift – bonus for not being cheesy

More spring style inspiration: Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Seriously.

This card is painfully cute. Like, so cute that I'd just buy it to display. (Oh god the entire shop is adorable)

Currently obsessed with this mint cacao of Celeste's (I've been drinking a version of the hot one at night - so good)

So happy longer shorts are coming back - love the length and style of these (plus, they're on super sale, so that helps)

Creative ways to support mental wellbeing – 10/10 recommend

This handmade bag is chic af... love this one too

Reasons to be cheerful

The "career iceberg" too relevant not to share