Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Gingham Mini Dress

 photo IMG_0768_zps7rpjissv.jpg
 photo IMG_0769_zps7irrdfcu.jpg
 photo IMG_0770_zpsfuixhi7g.jpg
Sometimes a trend comes along and, as much as you may try to resist, you know it was a trend made just for you. Gingham, meet Julie. Julie... meet gingham. You guys, I'm all in. I love the versatility of the print, especially how it can so easily be made slightly edgier with the right accessories. Like platform Teva's and a great pair of sunglasses. Case in point, this dress.

Side note: My 13-year-old self would be so jealous of my shoes right now.

To date, I've worn this dress to wander around Philadelphia, for a preview night of the new midway at the Delaware River Waterfront, to New York to preview West Elm's holiday line, and for the 4th of July. I think it officially qualifies as a summer staple at this point. I has been looking for something similar to the gingham dress put out by Reformation last summer, disappointed that I'd missed out on the design but also thankful because the price was hard to justify. Well, my searching paid off and I found this one for under $50. Boom. It's currently sold out but I linked a similar style and similar price point below.